Saturday, April 23, 2011

Parle romancing into the financing

My Mother, in all her well meanings, described me as "eccentric" the other day.  I don't really know whether that is a good or bad thing, but I didn't give it much thought until recently.  I very well could just be thinking too much about it, as I am inclined to do from time to time, but for some reason it has stuck in my figurative craw since she said it.

I know she means well. But the specificity of the word is what got to me, I guess.  I then start to think whether this is the reason why people, specifically the opposite gender, aren't attracted to me.  Is that why I've had trouble finding a lady-friend in the past however many years its been?  Does my "eccentricity" ward them off? Frankly, if it does, I don't really care. I'm not in the business of changing myself to make other people like me, that's just not something I do. But it's hard not to think that I'm doing something wrong. After all is said and done, I'm the most common denominator in these situations right? Whatever though, I'm not actively looking for someone right now.

These are just random musings that I sometimes let trouble me. If someone comes along though, someone that has the same love of music, appreciation for the comedy of Seinfeld/Curb, loving movies and tolerating me rambling on about Coen Brother's movies, wouldn't mind me cooking for them, and can tolerate me being a bit nerdy, I'm more than willing to give it a shot =)

~Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment