Saturday, April 30, 2011

When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth.

There's been a lot of family drama going on in the past week. A lot of uncertainty. I think that's the worst part, the not knowing what's going to happen. No, actually the worst part is the feeling that I can't do anything except be there.  I guess I'm the "glue" of my family.  I try to mend things and hold my family together, because really, I don't have a big family. I remember the way it felt when I was younger, wondering why my family was being torn apart at the seams. My parents underestimated my understanding of the situation at hand. They thought they could placate me with rationalizations, and faux acts of kindness towards one another. Which makes me worry that the kid knows what's going on. Sure, he's only 5, but I think he can see what's going on in front of hm, and that kills me.

In other, less depressing news, Summer is fast approaching and with it brings the busiest time of year for me. It's strange to think that the time when I should be taking a "break" I'm at my most hectic. I've been conducting interviews and reviewing job applications for Summer swim lessons, and I'm really nervous about this group, they are all really young. 

As much shit as I talk about the City job, I really like it when I manage. I usually have really good workers and we all get along. I bring my ipod dock to the pool and we have lunch together and have dance parties in the office. It helps SO much that Erin is working at the other pool. We keep each other sane, which is always nice. This will most likely be my last Summer working there, so I intend to make it the best it can be.

I also just found out recently that I'm the ONLY returning aquatics coach. Which means, as of right now, I'm running the Boys and Girls Water Polo Camps as well as the Boys and Girls Swimming Camp.  I will be making great money, but at this point I'm seriously wondering if I've spread myself too thin. Seriously, I have so much shit going on it's kind of ridiculous.

I'm slowly planning a trip somewhere, I really want to go to NYC, as I've never been and I hear it's wonderful. There are other places I want to visit, but as always, I don't know if I will have enough time. But C'est La Vie right?

Hopefully my next post will be cooking related with pictures and everything.

~Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment